Wednesday 27 April 2011

Home Experience: I will never rent in the same place as the land lady

By Home Experience
Posted  Thursday, April 21 2011 at 00:00


I had always heard people complaining that it’s very hard to stay within the same fence as the land lady,
I had failed to understand them, until I had to stay with one and then I realised what they meant.

I moved into a house last year in February, hoping to get peace of mind after long stressful days at work.
The land lady is the worst I have ever known. She was an educated corporate lady but the worst of all. Her house helpers would use our charcoal sack and cook our food because we shared the same store, and the lady did not do or say anything about it.

The situation intensified, when she started competing with me. Imagine a woman in her late 30s competing with one 15 years younger that her! It got to a point where she started back biting us with her house boy and girl. I will never forget the time she fired her house boy and then came to knock at our door at 10p.m. to ask us to open the gate for her because she was going out. She returned at around midnight and expected my husband to open the gate for her.
We felt this was too much to handle and decided to vacate her premises. We then went to see her to get back the security fee we had paid, amounting to Shs300,000 since we would not be completing the time we had agreed on. She was meant to return it but she refused to do so, and on the day we were leaving her place, she left to town before us with our security fees.

From that day, I decided never to rent a house where the land lord resides within the same fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment